Hello

Welcome to my blog, a place where I can lose myself in a crafty haven. Pull up a comfy chair grab a cuppa and come and have a read. Oh and if you like what you see stop by and leave me some love

Followers

Monday, July 13, 2015

Birds and blooms in colored pencil

Good morning - we have heavy storms planned for today so getting my blogging done now so I can switch off the pc!
 
Today is the birthday of a good friend of ours - this person checked I was ok the first time Kev went away on business after we had moved and has become a good friend to both of us since. So happy birthday Cindee!!
 
I wanted to make a special card for her and my new stamps have arrived just in time! These images are from a set by Sheena Douglass's A Little bit Sketchy range called Tropical Nectar
 
 
I used my Polycromo pencils to color the images laying plenty of color down so I could get a good blend with bright colors. I don't use my pencils as often as I should do and am so pleased with how this turned out.
The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called One in a Million which I think has retired now. I matted the image onto green and yellow card and then onto a white card blank. I have not used any embellishments on this card as I didn't want to distract from the images.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Wheelie Crafty said...

Gorgeous Card, I love your colouring...

Hugs xxx

Linda Simpson said...

One of my favourite stamp sets and love your card. The colours are gorgeous too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy W said...

A really beautiful card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous

Lea Brawn said...

Gorgeous card. X